adbright

Saturday, September 28, 2013

post hoc

post hoc
being dead is different draft 2 with edits

fiction
ed ward w prtchard

how blue can you get?


Being dead is different than I thought it would be but it's still not easy and it's still not comfortable or familiar. Meaning as we begin our journey after we die there remains the familiar element of uncertainty that we do not know where we are going or why. The same uncertainty we felt while we lived continues to exist in us after we are dead.

There is no sensation of pain, at least not for me, and mostly that's how my life was ; so that's normal; though I am dead now. The psychological component of death is similar to life for me. Difficulty, boredom and purposeless.

 Since I am now dead I do not have to fear death any longer, that frees up a lot of time; I must use that time constructively now.

I have been trying to reform since I died. Since I couldn't have a purpose for my being in life, I will adapt one now that I am dead.

I am journeying to the destination after my death and I move on purposely. No more dashing from place to place, trying to escape from myself, only to find myself in the deep oblivion of my meaningless existence. For now I am dead. My restless weariness is over now. I no longer crave what I do not have or debate what cannot be. My mind is free of fears and my heart is indifferent to the absence of my body. [1]

Sometimes as I sojourn after death the movement of matter around me can be heard and it is a distantly remembered voice of a dear friend. Still even that although comforting seems temporary as I journey alone with nothing to do and no one to help.


Being dead is different. My mind is calm my soul is at peace.

1- Lucretius- On the nature of things


No comments:

Post a Comment