adbright

Sunday, September 29, 2013

dang, how is that I, me am not famous/ repost/ edit

dang, how is it that I, me am not famous/ repost/edit

the photo op

fiction
edward w pritchard

For his wife's birthday the President of the United States decided to surprise her with a photo of the 100,000 most important celebrities alive in the year 2013 and naturally he wanted the picture taken at the Hollywood bowl. Embarrassingly the plans were in progress before one of the Presidents staff informed him the bowl would only seat 17,500. Rather than move the photo op the President reluctantly agreed to cut the number of celebrities invited.

Arguments and posturing followed of who would be the most important living celebrities. A furor followed and national interest and normal business was pleasantly forgotten as the claws came out among the famous to have their picture taken at the Hollywood bowl.

Should a musician who had made one great song in 1954 be asked to the event? How about a baseball player who pitched one perfect game in 1965? What about a famous evangelist who had retired without scandal? How about a politician who hadn't written a book?

Eventually categories of fame and fortune and stardom were devised and in good time the 17,500 celebrities were gathered and the picture was taken.

Sadly because of pressing concerns the President was unable to make it to the photo op. His wife was Ok with that because she never really liked the picture as the smiles seemed a little contrived.

As a historical note I was not included on the first list or the second; I have no fame at all, surprising to only myself I am sure. I, me is not famous. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment