adbright

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

glass heart; shattered and scattered/part 2; my vita nuova

glass heart; shattered and scattered/ part 2 my vita nuova

fiction
Edward w Pritchard

see part 1

Bice= Beatrice,
I=Dante=myself
vita nuova= Dante's new life, long epic poetry and prose to Beatrice

start

In my confused state I have quite forgotten Bice, who I am in love with. Is it you and your immortal beauty, or, the lady who left town, the imaginary screen lady who I wrote of to deceive and side track others so they didn't realize I was actually infatuated and writing to you Bice, or do I write to myself; out of my self love while wallowing in shallowness I allow my heart to dictate my actions and waste  precious life forces.

It's all so confusing. How long has this been going on? Odes to self.

Now you Bice deny me proper greeting. I want to speak more of my feelings but what more is there to say? Nine times have I approached you and nine times have you withdrawn.

So no more will I describe your garments. No more will I describe when first you granted me greeting, nine years exactly after I espied and clapped eyes on you.

My vita nuova? To separate myself denied greeting as protagonist of shattered and scattered broken glass heart from myself as aged author blathering of the folly of younger self. No more glorification of the lady. See you later in heaven. Guide me if you wish. Vida cor meum.

No comments:

Post a Comment