adbright

Monday, December 30, 2013

the science of invisibility

the science of invisibility

fiction
edward w pritchard

We all have our secret fears and one of mine is being visible to a woman. I mean a woman, like a dancer at the Folies Bergere or more mundanely one of the girls at the bottoms up strip club, sports bar, and fitness center for men a few miles from my house.  I dislike it immensely when a girl I am watching perform an erotic dance can see me watching her.

Now I read on yahoo that scientists have come up with a cloaking device to bend light waves to make an object appear invisible. It's high time that scientists began to attack some of the important problems that plague us in everyday life. Although I am not a celebrity I dislike to be ogled.

No I don't think I am paranoid. It has been explained to me that an exotic dancer is too busy with her act and lost in her own thoughts to notice me at a club where she works. Still I feel common and cheap to think of her watching me in such a degrading setting as a strip club.

The Folies Bergere is better if I get to France. I seldom stare into the girl's eyes at all. The room is dark and the audience dresses in suits and fine clothes and the atmosphere is sophisticated and properly private with a titillation of expectation.

I for one am a great believer in the ability of Science to help bring about progress in American society. I applaud Scientist's achievements in making my life more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment