adbright

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Where will my Shrink convene group session today?/ part 5

Where will my Shrink convene group session today?/ part 5

fiction
Edward w Pritchard

I had a Saturday lunch group counseling session with Dr. Fortner  my psychologist, I always call him my shrink and I also had lunch with one of the other patients Mrs. Donaldson. Just me and Mrs. Donaldson were the only patients. I wanted to pay the restaurant bill today but Mrs. Donaldson negotiated that we all should pay our own bills there at the Japanese restaurant.

We just sat and talked and ate our vegetables. Our waiter was a man. I hate it when the waiter is a man instead of a pretty young girl. He was too slow but trying to rush us at the same time.

I wanted to be sure that Mrs. Donaldson and I got along in front of Dr. Fortner. There is some sexual tension between me and Mrs. Donaldson from before I suppose but I think nothing is wrong for me to enjoy staring at Mrs. Donaldson in her little costumes. That's how I think of her I guess, I have been doing that for a long time. She treats me formally and it drives me crazy. It's hard to describe what I mean by formally but it's somewhat cold and distanced. For example Mrs. Donaldson never takes my phone calls on the first original ring. She also watches her texts on her cell phone when we our together, that drives me crazy.

I noticed we both try very hard to treat Dr. Fortner as a professional. He is a psychologist but he is genuine and sincere when we go to lunch. I am not sure if anything is accomplished in our group sessions but its more enjoyable when there isn't a lot of controversy about things that went down before between me and Mrs. Donaldson.

Myself and Mrs. Donaldson should have talked a little more about the idea of needs versus wants while we ate lunch with the psychologist Dr. Fortner. How many things does one need to be happy in life? We didn't talk about that at lunch at all. It would have been interesting if we would have talked about material possessions and how it effects how people live their lives. I know that Dr. Fortner thinks about that philosophical issue in his own life. We never talked about that at our lunch at the Japanese restaurant. Instead I just stared at Mrs. Donaldson like I usually do and talked about normal things with old Doc Fortner for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon.

I am sure I will remember having lunch with Dr. Fortner and Mrs. Donaldson as a pleasant experience later. It's always nice when me and Mrs. Donaldson are civil to each other. I enjoy her company then more than she knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment