adbright

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

after the volcanoes/ edit 2

after the volcanoes/ edit 2

fiction
Edward w Pritchard


in progress draft 1


Writer has been reading on Buddhism and Zen. At such times Hindu philosophy is appreciated and admired.

A severe electrical storm lit up the sky last night and I am ionized this morning. Lightening travels horizontally at such times and life reconnects with the forces that began consciousness here on Earth.

How many times in our existence do we get to experience an extreme lightening storm? Terrifying Lightening but without any thunder. It's memorable across ages.

We are so moved by the experience that we can't even listen to the baseball game on the radio while we wait to pick up a friend at the Airport. Somehow at the airport the planes modern instruments track and predict the movements of the electric storm and the plane lands a little late but safely and the passengers carry their bag along the platforms to return to their lives.

Sometimes it seems like all the past lives we have experienced here on earth reach out to us just below consciousness. Perhaps the extreme noise of a volcano or the flashed brightness of horizontal lightening awaken us to our forgotten connection to our past lives.

After the volcanoes/ to be continued

after the volcanoes

fiction
edward w pritchard

After the volcanoes, and after the earthquakes they caused and after the tsunami all was in chaos and  I walked through the disruption unfazed. Secretly I welcomed the turmoil although I saddened for the suffering of those around me. Nature had manifest our inner struggles externally and everyone must see and feel them.

After the tsunami I went to the ocean and watched for the waves. After the earthquakes I stood in the city and watched for the buildings to fall. After the volcanoes I went to the mountains to see what was anew.

After nature erupted I sat quietly and enjoyed the silence.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011


the way station to the next place

  • The Way station to the next place

fiction
edward w pritchard

The way station to the next place was chaotic and crowded and the workers were unable to handle the rush. It was intolerable how we were treated and the lines and the wait went on for days. We certainly weren't used to this sort of treatment.


Over and over someone would push and shove to the front of the line and demand to speak to someone and then be incredulous that someone of their importance would have to endure this ordeal. However it was to no avail and the workers treated everyone the same and all must wait in the endless lines and then complete the required documentation before they could move on towards their next destination.

In time I noticed that the Buddhists were handling the situation better than the rest of us. They seemed to be sitting quietly and meditating and waiting patiently. The Catholics and Baptists were the most impatient and expected special treatment. The Muslims and the Hindus were trying to follow procedure, at least they weren't making a fuss or a scene and seemed to have accepted that things had changed for them after their demise.  

Eventually I became more patient like the Buddhists. I waited until my turn and I accepted the fact that our status had changed when we died and we just had better follow procedures and wait our turn to move to the next place. I pretended I was very delayed at an airport and I tried to act civilly while I waited to move on.

Yes, eventually I figured out how to follow the new rules.  I was able to move on after my earthly extinction but I didn't like my loss of status and  I certainly  wasn't used to how I was being treated..
end



No comments:

Post a Comment