adbright

Saturday, May 31, 2014

different day different lunch location

different day different lunch location

fiction
edward w Pritchard


So many vacant buildings here in Detroit it would give me the Blues if it wasn't for the flash lunch phenomena that I am participating in.

Every day I am on the short list to get a text message to locate  another vacant mystery building that me and those in the know will rush to at lunch hour to share a filthy room and cold stale food brought to us in brown paper bags from the central kitchen at the closed High school.

I don't have to remember anybody's names on the wait staff or who I share a table with and I don't have to fuss over the menu. This can't go on forever for the police and health department are becoming more competent in their efforts to us shut down.

Thirty days  is a long time to be excited about lunch here in Detroit. Everyday, every day I have the blues.  I  always tip well and throw my trash in the receptacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment