adbright

Sunday, May 25, 2014

enlightenment; a rift between friends George Harrison and John Lennon

enlightenment; a rift between friends George Harrison and John Lennon

 

fiction

Edward w Pritchard

The Beatles were my heroes and John Lennon was my alter ego. Then my first girl friend bought me "all things must pass" by George Harrison. My awareness was raised.

Things stood there for a while until Yoko Ono started screaming on stage. I was so confused. Was Yoko just trying to use Zen Buddhists techniques of a primal scream to awaken us or was Yoko just very weird and John couldn't control her?

George Harrison wrote " Wah Wah" about the Beatles under the influence of Yoko. I don't need your Wah Wah.

Here's what I wrote before about John Lennon, then Yoko and then Yoko again . Yoko and her primal scream. It's wasn't music to my ears and it didn't help me find enlightenment. What's up John?


John Lennon, I wanted you to be me

fiction
edward w pritchard

John Lennon I wanted you to be me.
Where the swagger, where the pomp,
where the crowds of adoring fans,
where the newspaper men stirring up controversies,
where swooning girls, where that special one.
Where Mark David Chapman to end the travesty.
Where swaying candles to mourn you gone.
John Lennon you left me too soon.
John, I'll never make it alone.
John, life is so long,
it continues.
I peer forward.
John, light a candle in the dark for me,
lead me John, integrate my tired soul.

 end

 
next

 

 

Friday, September 9, 2011


John Lennon and Yoko, it's just wrong sometimes

John Lennon and Yoko, it's just wrong sometimes

fiction
edward w pritchard

Sorry to report. John Lennon singing hound dog with Yoko screeching on stage or worse, John singing with his idol Chuck Berry with Yoko howling on stage; John Lennon and Yoko, it's just wrong sometimes. Strange what people see in each other. Two talented people, successful and famous, awkward to watch once in a while. Chuck Berry's expression when Yoko screams is genuine satori of something being very wrong.
end


next


So many things interrupt fine music

fiction
Edward w Pritchard

So many things interrupt fine music. As an example go to you tube again and type in and listen to if you can " baby please don't go" by John Lennon and Frank Zappa. Both are creative geniuses and fine musicians. The problem is Yoko again. As she did when John played with Chuck Berry, Yoko Ono is again howling and screeching on stage, she is howling literally when John Lennon sings with Frank Zappa.

Yoko howls. It is not the Lightening Hopkins version of " Baby please don't go" covered by John Lennon that I thought I was going to hear but Yoko again screeching. So many things interrupt fine music. John and Frank Zappa of the Mother's of invention both dead and their joint recording ruined by Yoko Ono howling over and over. Frank Zappa once produced a song called " Burnt Winnie sandwich" but what must he have thought of John and Yoko?

John Lennon bringing his lady to perform. Sometimes it's just so wrong. Howl-lll, Howl-llll, Howl-ll.


You know John Lennon is one of my idols; perhaps he and Yoko watched King Lear together once and John is letting Yoko recreate Act 5 scene 3, of "King Lear" the " I'd crack heavens open with my lament" scene, yes that's it, it's just Yoko's way of expressing her opinion of the world. Howl, Howl Howl, go Yoko, Howl again.
end

No comments:

Post a Comment