adbright

Sunday, January 13, 2019

America the unflappable

America the unflappable

fiction
edward w pritchard


Last post author mentioned the Italian attribute to personally have figura, an unshakable faith in oneself.

Us Americans, that's you and me project our collective unconsciousness as unflappable me. Everything  under control.

For richer or poorer, in sickness or health everything is so good. No worries my friend.

Meanwhile here it's the dead 7 am Sunday of the first winter day in mid January and the roads to anywhere are partially closed this morning, the stores are raising prices, 17 days to the first of next month and more bills, and yes the government of America is partially closed today.

The Chinese collective unconsciousness say " the ten thousand things interact and I watch for the rebound."

As a teenager we went to church Sunday and I often skipped services and went to the basement and shot basketball. Sometimes some of the girls would rebound dressed in their Sunday finery. Things were good then.

I can still hear the basketball bouncing across the thin veneer of normalcy here in my country.

America the unflappable.

No comments:

Post a Comment