adbright

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

what better place to be on a sub zero night

what better place to be on a sub zero night

fiction
edward w pritchard


It's sub zero tonight here and despite global warming that's cold. Almost as cold as the time when I was ten that I walked 2 miles to school in 21 below zero weather. Of course back then school wasn't closed because of the cold and our teachers were at their posts.

Still what better place to be on a sub zero night than to imagine oneself transported back to their youth watching death valley days and watching the 20 mule teams pulling the wagons loaded with borax across the floor of death valley. It was always over 100 degrees in death valley. Once it was 134 degrees there, the hottest reading on the face of the earth.

Tonight I would like to be driving along artists way there in death valley enjoying the magnificent colors and scenery. I have never been there yet. I have reached the age where I have to consider I'll never make it to most of the places I would like to go. A pity really.


No comments:

Post a Comment