adbright

Thursday, January 3, 2019

early celebrity doesn't always lead to fame and fortune

early celebrity doesn't always lead to fame and fortune

fiction
edward w pritchard


Early celebrity doesn't always lead to fame and fortune. You see when I was a kid I had my five minutes of fame on local TV far off Broadway and far from Hollywood.

I enjoyed as a boy building model plastic airplanes held together with glue and displaying them in my room. As my Father was in the Air Force in the War I suppose he influenced me in this hobby.

I remember we went down to local TV station WAKR,  Akron-Ohio back in 1959 to the Professor Jack show and I on live TV got to show my model air plane I had built to the host Professor Jack. There might have been other boys there as well.

Me being on TV was talked about a lot around our house. But gradually came the 1960's, a time of great changes here in America and that was the last time I was on TV. Although I was on TV several times back in 1969 when I played high school football. Sadly that wasn't a speaking part.

No comments:

Post a Comment