adbright

Friday, December 23, 2011

Wiemar Germany is where my heart finds fellowship/draft 1, part 11

Wiemar Germany is where my heart finds fellowship/draft 1, part 11

fiction
edward w pritchard

see part two/ the cousin is the young boy in that story being bullied

I do love train travel. Today I go to Hamburg to talk to my young cousin. He is in trouble with the party already. He is trying to get out of being in the Hitler youth.

Today, August 22, 1936 I travel in disguise. I am playing a madman. I dress in peasant Austrian regalia like the Fuhrer dresses sometimes. Many people nod at me with approval and some salute me in honor of our leader. In silent protest I dress in  imitation of the Fuhrer as I travel.

I am now head of the Family. Mercifully Father and Mother are gone of natural causes and Hans, my brother  is dead too. Hans was Murdered in 1934. Hans was killed in the night of the long knives. Hans, perhaps the ideal party member, was sacrificed along with others like him in the first of what promises to be many blood purges.

Somehow I am still alive. I have been reprimanded many times by the party but I am still alive. No longer clubbing or a procurer, now I am a lackey for the party like many others. I want out but I do not want to die violently, so I endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment