adbright

Friday, November 15, 2013

after midnight, needing a torch singer

after midnight needing a torch singer

fiction
edward w pritchard

Friday night, way after midnight; suburban cowboy tired of writing about war, peace, people long ago and bad luck in ill timed lives.

Julie London will you sing "Fly me to the Moon" or "Cry me a River". No one understands me anymore but you Julie.

Norah Jones sing real slow tonight, Just for me, "  I'll be your baby tonight" shut the light, shut the shade, pass that bottle over here.

Bessie Smith you know where I am coming from. Can you sing ' aint' nobodies business if I do" , it's true what you say, "Nobody loves you when your down and out". St Louis woman she wears a diamond ring, I got the St Louis blues I'm as blue as I can be.

I'm just trying to get by. Calling the Toys, will you sing " Lover's concerto". Something upbeat; if you don't start singing  I will be listening to Fione Apple again " after your gone". That one makes me so sad, Fione displays too much emotion sometimes, she's too honest, not strategic at all, poor girl. I can relate.

Maybe something really different, I am in a strange mood. Phoebe Killdeer singing " River of no return," Phoebe waive and roll your arms and eyes like Isis in ecstasy. Isis the ideal wife?

Susie Thompson sing " paper tiger" I love it when you roll your "rrr's"

Back to Lesley Gore, again " sunshine lollipops" uplifting, Lesley and I have strange attraction, we both are confused, but better than Marianne Faithful and I, will you sing  "sad lisa", please my Marianne .

I need sung to sleep, how about "Long long time" by Linda Ronstadt, caught in my fears, blinking back the tears,

good night ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment