adbright

Thursday, November 21, 2013

What is about women with red hair that is so arresting?

What is it about women with red hair that is so arresting?

fiction
Edward w Pritchard

Here is something I wrote before that never developed. Gentlemen readers take an extra moment as you read the story below and picture Miss Ford. I'll give a few extra clues, pieces of information to assist you in part 2, below part 1.- author, for our Miss Ford

story 7 of 11, Guy returns to fourth grade/ edit repost


It's difficult for a 27 year old graduate student to  return to the fourth grade. It's a technicality, a bureaucratic nightmare. Still it is happening. I can't get my PHD in economics from Yale until I spend one month in fourth grade in the local public school system.  My State requires a minimum attendance to finish grade school and because of my Father's international travel back when I was ten my absenteeism has caught up to me.

Being the biggest kid in the school is one thing. Failing arithmetic because you are fantasizing about the Teacher Miss Ford is something else. Miss Ford has long red hair and a ...

Part 2

I honesty think Miss Ford doesn't know what she has. She can't move or exist without drawing attention. She's impossible for me not to stare at. Of course the ten year old boys in the class stare at her and joke about the way she dresses but I am a 27 year old graduate student from Yale; my lust is of the highest caliber. Miss Ford is about twenty one and she slowly walks around as she teaches. Sometimes she smacks a ruler against her left forearm. Other times she stares at a book while I stare at her. I can never decide where to look. Up or down all the parts are wonderful.

Miss Ford is unaffected. Totally dedicated to her craft as a new teacher. Actually she is a student teacher, still in college but since Mr.Wilson is very sick Miss Ford  has been allowed by the school board to teach alone for the next month which is exactly how long I am here, back in grade school finishing my high school requirements.

Of course Miss Ford has a boyfriend, named Willard and naturally he plays football at some dopey junior college I suppose. I have a girlfriend too Kathy who is perfect for me.

The problem is Miss Ford's navy blue skirt. It's long and tight and straining very hard not to burst when Miss Ford saunters about, about and down the rows between the desks. Back and front, up and down I watch Miss Ford slowly walk about. Left foot, right foot, head toss to left, green eyes darting here and there. Somehow Miss Ford manages to be leggy and short at the same time. 5'3 but taller with those spiky fancy call me sailor shoes, a different pair every day; I think I am developing a thing for her shoes. Red hair of course, and silky ultra feminine cream colored blouses that try to conceal her across the chest. A wafting scent, also different everyday and a soft floating buzzy raspy deep mellow voice.

Whatever Miss Ford is talking about my mind is somewhere else. So I am flunking six grade math and my girlfriend Kathy is getting real suspicious. Women have a way of knowing these things and Kathy is sensing something about me at my six grade classroom.

Sometimes I will ask Miss Ford a question after class. Miss Ford, I never call  her by her first name Yvonne at school, has a habit of sitting against the front of her desk with her legs crossed swinging her left foot and leaning forward as she becomes engrossed in our math book. I am about a foot taller than her and I suspect she has some inkling of my feelings. Perhaps she likes it.

What is it about women with red hair that is so arresting?

No comments:

Post a Comment