adbright

Saturday, November 16, 2013

me adopting JD Salinger's Glass family as my family

fiction
edward w Pritchard

here author adopts Glass family as his own" Les Glass=Father, Bessie Glass =Mother

Less' blues= Les Glass's blues, less=author

fiction
edward w pritchard

It's their Father's fault really. Books. My kids are freaks. We will skip the why for now. But, the problem is none of them have professions. They are all merely intellectuals. Not frauds really, but only passive observers of life's passing parade. Less is an impractical dreamer. Disturbed I suppose. I am Bessie I have to keep the family together somehow.

I'll admit I liked Bessie's legs. From that came the partnership, song and dance in vaudeville, then from that also came the children. I tried to be a good Father, brought my daughter oranges when she was sick. I didn't know the older two boys would obsess about Buddhism and teach it to the younger two. Now it seems less than real. And Bessie, all she wants to do anymore is have painters in to paint the New York apartment, and make the apartment bigger.. I am Less, I miss the kids being little, when they were all on it's a wise child on radio. I still love Bessie though.

I AM SEYMOUR, and I come and go like Banquo's ghost sitting at the table sometimes at holidays prophesizing great things for us all. I am a metaphor for the past. Sometimes at Holidays we have fried banana fish.

I am Buddy. I write and write but never sell anything.

I am Zooey. That's about it. Sometimes I impersonate buddy on the phone when I call Franny.

I am Franny, fried banana fish aren't vegan you know.

I am the corporate family. All families are a little dysfunctional I suppose. I hope we all love each other and stick together in a crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment