adbright

Saturday, March 23, 2019

a crush is a pig in a poke

a crush is a pig in a poke

fiction
edward w pritchard

Boredom and restlessness manifest a crush to admire but a crush is a pig in a poke. However were I to forget experience and  life lessons and develop a crush it would be with Katherine Anne Porter the author.

I would call her Port for her sobriquet. She attracted and interested me when she wrote the short story "Rope" her wry comment on early marriage and relationships.

Crushes never workout. But I would invite Port to the sports bar to play Keno, eat cheap food and
I would have a beer and hopefully she would sip Napoleon brandy or seltzer water from a real glass.

We could talk about Sacco and Vanzetti but I would have to get up to speed concerning their trial by studying in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment