adbright

Friday, March 8, 2019

what's Apollo management up to these days

what's Apollo management up to these days

fiction
edward w pritchard

Once I was interested in investing in a company called Verso paper which was for a while, a few financial crisis ago, under the tutelage of Apollo capital the brain child of Leon Black former associate of Micheal Milken the junk bond king at Drexel Burnham.

I was glad to see Verso paper is still in business with 4000 plus employees down south western Ohio in Miamisburg, near Dayton. The stock still trades following the bankruptcy and turnaround, the stock price is up significantly since I initially followed it and rumor has it that Verso will be the last major Ohio company to go paperless one day. Ominously I see a law firm in NYC., Glancy , Prongay and Murray, is inviting investors in Verso paper [ VRS] to call with questions about former investors rights and interests in Verso's stock price. The merry go round of American capitalism is still spinning in a circle I see.

I have to respect billionaire Leon Black founder of Apollo capital et al as he is avid Art collector and that's a good thing. I often try to indoctrinate my very young grandson in the importance of art in the good life. I'll teach my grandson about art and leave it to his grandmother after I am gone to teach him about leveraged buyouts, compound interest, workouts and high risk bond portfolios.

No comments:

Post a Comment