adbright

Saturday, August 20, 2011

alone for the night but not for the foreseeable future

alone for the night but not for the foreseeable future

fiction
edward w pritchard

alone for the night but not for the foreseeable future,
come find me,
I have looked everywhere for you,
I have many things for us to talk about
if you don't feel like talking just listen, I have a lot to say
where are you, maybe I should change my habits,
I never seem to be where you are,
sometimes, maybe I should just give in
stay comfortable alone and learn to adjust,
but I have a few things to tell you,
once we get together, not tonight I know, it's too late
but soon, in the foreseeable future,
when I wake up tommorrow I'll keep looking for you
I am sure you are close by,
Come find me if you want, I'll wear my straw hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment