adbright

Monday, August 22, 2011

hell on earth

hell on earth

fiction
edward w pritchard

My small yard was engulfed in more than a dozen gurgling pools of molten boiling rock forced up from deep in the earth. The unusual geothermal activity came out of nowhere and disrupted all communications. I was unable to leave my home or contact anyone for solace.

As the fiery burbling rock crackled and spattered trees houses and cars began to spontaneously erupt in flash fires and explosions. Birds, pets,  small animals and insects screeched and popped prior to their extinction. It was hell on earth and I began to pray a few moments before my house began to burn in crimson and blue flames. I felt my blood slowly began the process that must lead to boiling as my last memory of this existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment