adbright

Monday, August 8, 2011

here i lay dieing

here i lay dieing

fiction
edward w pritchard

What a time to die. It's my time to go; I am not trying to get around it or be a bad sport about it. I just refuse to die when the stock market is crashing like this.

All my life I have worked in the investment community and I have spent a lot of my free time following stocks and financial instruments. I refuse to leave this world when investors are indiscriminately dumping stocks regardless of intrinsic values. It upsets me and I refuse to die during a flash crash of selling and market declines.

Each morning at six AM I quickly get up and start following the stock plunge on the financial channel of cable. Sometimes I throw a pillow at the screen if I strongly disagree with a guest financial commentator. The market has been in a crash mode for twelve days now.

My doctor says the commotion is good for me. Doc says I would be dead by now if it wasn't for my obsession with the stock market crash. Good old Doc. I told him I would put together a list of strong stocks for him to invest in when this selling frenzy finally subsides.

No comments:

Post a Comment