adbright

Thursday, August 25, 2011

genealogy- part 3/ come Jack poor jack part 16- draft 1

genealogy part 3/ come jack poor Jack part 16

fiction
edward w pritchard

see previous blog June 30, 2011 for jack the ripper stories

prologue to part 3

Jack the Ripper - [reappears like Banquo's ghost]  So, Mr. Pritchard you are concerned about what posterity will say about yourself. Sorry, you know as well as me it's actually what posterity will not say about you. I am afraid you will die as you lived, unknown and ignored.

author [Mr. Pritchard] I just realized, the living are totally indifferent to their relatives and forbears, and as soon as we die we become a member of that same forgotten camp.

jack the Ripper- don't fret, most of us who are famous were awful people, the good are forgotten by future citizenry, but not maliciously. But I must ask where are you going with these Genealogy stories? I ask as a reader, I am confused. please get to the point, if there is one.

Author- thank you for stopping in Jack, and as always I appreciate the advice. Let me start again on part 3, below

began part 3-genealogy-part 3

While we live we totally ignore our forebears. Then frantically as we prepare to die we build a moat around ourselves with the imaginary deeds and exploits of our progenitors. Eventually we are gone and we are but a few forgotten anecdotal details remembered to make someone feel important.

My family was from Ireland and there were many good honest kind people who were my relatives. I know that for a fact because through my genealogical research I have come to intimately know my relatives and have used that knowledge to understand myself and my upcoming exit from this life. I am ready to go when it's my time; I have wrote my story and said my utterances; I slowly sink as did each and all before me. What more can we expect from those who came before us; and those who will think about us sometimes when we are gone.

end part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment