adbright

Monday, August 1, 2011

ten thousand nights without decent brakes

ten thousand nights without decent brakes

fiction
edward w pritchard

Ten thousand nights driving a truck without decent brakes,
come sit next to me in the truck,
I always drive in my dreams,
careening around corners and down steep hills,
past all the places I use to be,
speeding very fast through narrow streets and passage ways,
somehow each night the brakes miraculously manage to work,
no pedestrians get hit and we stop just in time,
still it's nerve wracking, out of control with badly worn brakes, driving a plunging truck downhill,
that's the point I guess,
one day, when I am awake I will take control,
I will go find that truck of my dreams and fix those brakes,
manage my breaks thereafter,
for now though, please sit close to me in my dreams,
it's so much better when you are near.
end

No comments:

Post a Comment