adbright

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

being, nothingness

being, nothingness

fiction
Edward w Pritchard



No longer a college student, should I close my books?
No longer a son, should I cease to perform the ancestor worship rituals?
No long a husband, should I cease to be a Father?
No longer robust, strong and vital, should I cease to feel immortal?
No longer sure of anything, should I cease to ask?
No longer myself who existed in the past, should I cease to be me?
Bad faith, or nothingness; who are we when we aren't ourselves any more?
Please send me a movie with the role I should play highlighted. Please no more
snapshots of myself from before. That character is extinguished.
Nothingness, one day at a time in the here and now.
I"ll sit in a coffee house in Paris of the Past and listen to Sartre expound on everything,
while I try to remember what happened to myself.
Who ever are we when who we thought we were is gone?
No longer affiliated with Country, creed or kin,
Free to sleep with the light off, free to turn our back on the Devil,
More curious than concerned, tomorrow never comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment