adbright

Thursday, April 17, 2014

missed the plane/ part 3

missed the plane/ part 3

fiction
Edward w Pritchard


Part of my new job along with being driver and body guard with Lieutenant Osborne has been to become his philosophical associate. Last night after our dinner in Pearl Harbor where we were fortunate to spend some time with two nurses over an extravagant dinner the Lieutenant gave me a book to read and discuss.

The book will help me to understand the new project I will become a small part of that may end the  War a little sooner the Lieutenant said.  At the time I thought that Lieutenant Osborne might have had a little too much wine when he intimated that the efforts of a Private and a Lieutenant could speed up the colossal War effort.

Still I have plunged into reading the new book. How can my reading Carl Clausewitz " On War" prepare me for the work I will assist Lieutenant Osborne with in Guam on the secret " Manhattan Project"? It will be revealed to me in time says the Lieutenant.

Meanwhile Osborne was pleased that I knew Clausewitz was a Hegelian and a Prussian soldier. My Father had discussed Clausewitz with me in regard to world War one when I was a teenager and the fact that I knew about his work even in the little was reassuring said Lieutenant  Osborne.

Tomorrow we leave for Guam. Hopefully neither myself or Lieutenant will miss the plane again for a second time. For tonight I am trying hard with a decent looking nurse who I will never see again and enjoying some fantastic Hawaiian seafood.



No comments:

Post a Comment