adbright

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Doctor is distracted and predisposed

Doctor is distracted and predisposed

fiction
edward w pritchard


Suffering from declining health late in life notice how writer Ed Pritchard describes a trip to the robotic Doctor used in the public health setting circa 2020. Notice that in the story the Doctor is stereotypically " predisposed" to put the business side of medicine ahead of his patients comfort.


Robotic Doctor Plebson Model F-12- Your eye is hurting no, and sensitive to light and sudden movement?

Pritchard- My eye hurts at night when I am tired.

Doctor - You must care for your sight if you wish to have vision available to continue watching  dancing ladies perform Shimmy she shake in Charleston style dressed in period costume of 1920's America on the you tube channel at your private leisure and discretion. 

Pritchard- The Bactrium ointment helps with my eye pain

Doctor- you have exhausted your medical prescription credits, perhaps an ice pack would help with pain management if judiciously applied.

Pritchard- What about the rash from the shingles?

Doctor - your time of visitation and consultation with medical public health officials is over. Perhaps golfing will relieve your stress and anxiety breaking the distress cycle to your auto immune system. My human nurse will give you brochures if asked.

Pritchard- My eye hurts at night when I am tired

Doctor- [distracted and predisposed to his own interests,] leaving the room suddenly, thank you I have a golf date with a colleague; I find golf is excellent for relaxation breaking the distress cycle to my auto immune system caused by a hectic schedule. 


No comments:

Post a Comment