adbright

Monday, April 21, 2014

missed the plane/ part 9

missed the plane/ part 9

fiction
Edward w Pritchard







see missed the plane 1 through 8


No one likes to hear a past retold in such a fashion that the imminent importance of a meeting between their Mother and their Father does not occur that results in the history changing event of their creation. Eliminate one merger from occurring and eternity is changed; if the merger is your own creation and birth.

Was My Grandfather Thomas really a Hegel reading Welsh coal miner who played the organ at Buckingham Palace when he was twelve? Everything factual I remember about my father's Father Thomas Pritchard someone else told me. My grandfather had dementia when I first met him. He use to make a cat's cradle with string and wink and wink at me when I was six. Later he would take off West walking for fifty or sixty miles in a mental fog until the police brought him home. He's the one who came to America West from Wales. Maybe since he was a boy he wanted to go West to the new world. Who knows the real facts, who knows the surmising from the imaginative mind of a  wanna-be story teller.

Get to know your blood line relatives. It's not earth shaking important historicism but your children someday may want to know. They may ask you questions.

Your children may ask you:
 "What was it like for my great Grand father to get drafted into World War 2 at age 19 and have his studies of classic piano permanently interrupted? Did my Great Grandfather really miss a plane going to Guam in world War 2 and what did my Great Grand Father think about atomic weapons?"

Soon we are the old guy and a new generation is in the first act of Life's three Act Play. Meet your relatives when you can; talk with your oldest surviving relatives at Holiday parties and pass on what they remember about your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment