adbright

Thursday, January 9, 2014

mayberry new years resolutions, 1961

mayberry new years resolutions 1961

fiction
Edward w Pritchard

My new year's resolution 1961 is to open a Chinese Restaurant right here in Mayberry North Carolina. True, Mayberry doesn't have a China town, having just the one house with Chinese inhabitants but I foresee that within eighty years China will be the most important country in the world and some of that spill over will enable Mayberry to support a fine Chinese restaurant. I am going to ask my nephew Andrew Taylor for permission to invest the money I made back in the 1930's when I was a show girl in a Chinese Restaurant.
Bee Taylor

My new years resolution for 1961 is to own my own gas station
Goober

My second new years resolution for 1961 are to get a girl friend and become a stand up comedian and singer on a Country western variety show within the next ten years. Then I won't be a straw in the wind anymore.[ like Andy calls me]
Goober Pyle

I am going to start doing one hundred push ups a day so I can get a beautiful captivating Southern belle like Miss Lou Anne Poovie, join the marine corps as a private within five years and fulfill my secret desire to sing the Impossible dream on stage somewhere north of the Mason Dixon line for good money.
Gomer Pyle

I want to double my allowance in 1961, save money to become a movie director someday, get a souped up fast car to drive around in when I am in high school and learn to dance the new dances.
Opie Taylor

I want my own show now. I would like to be the main character on an innovative show where I live upstairs from two curvy girls and a dopey guy who pretends to be gay. I could be the repair man on the show as long as the show did some ground breaking material about something besides traditional American cornball values.
Barney Fife
deputy sheriff

I would like to remember my deceased wife's name, where she came from and some other personal information about her. We never talk about her on the show.
Andy Taylor
fisherman, singer, beauty show judge, pickle connoisseur, raconteur

I would like to have 1961 be a year in which America and Russia took steps to disarm some of the Atomic weapons they both have stock piled, I would like to get a full time job as a choir director[ and quit my hotel clerk job] and I would like to meet a loose woman preferably one without a southern accent and nineteenth century Values.
John Masters
choir director, hotel clerk, former handsome leading man in radio

I would like to move North,
I would like get out of this small town,
Mayberry's only Chinese man, and Mayberry's only Native American

I would like to become a deputy in Mayberry.
I would like to become a politician in Maybery, maybe the mayor
Warren,
Sam

I would rather see a colored man be American President than a woman be President within 50 years as some people here predict.
over heard in Floyds, the local Mayberry men only barber shop









No comments:

Post a Comment