adbright

Saturday, January 11, 2014

suburban cowboy Saturday night redux, alone in a crowd

suburban cowboy Saturday night redux, alone in a crowd

fiction
Edward w Pritchard

Waiting.

Who will paint my picture?

Me lost in my thoughts. Alone, isolated and alone.

I am sitting in my room waiting, alone, isolated and alone, waiting for Edward Hopper.

Glance from a passing train, glimpse from a speeding automobile, espy me from a theatre.

Paint my picture Mr. Hopper. Put it on display at an art museum. Isolated and alone, Suburban cowboy Saturday night redeux, alone in a crowd.

Mauvais foi [ bad faith], I don't think so. I'll try to look natural. Sure I know you are coming to notice me and paint my picture. The emotions are real. I don't know when or if you are coming to notice. Alienation and isolation, Suburban cowboy Saturday night redux, alone in a crowd.

Who will paint my picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment