adbright

Thursday, January 9, 2014

White folks can play the blues but it always ends up as somewhere over the rainbow

White people can play the blues but it always ends up as somewhere over the rainbow

fiction
Edward w Pritchard

a back up black blues singer plays with Jeff Beck, or Eric Clapton or Duane Allman


The bass player sets the beat. I'm just a hard working black man working here to make a living playing a few more gigs.

You lead I follow.

 Let me sit in the back, off center stage and let me set the beat for the audience, for them. We don't all have your inspiration. They came tonight to be entertained for an hour, that's all. Let's work together to make music.

I am just glad to work tonight. Yes, I agree white people can play the blues, but well white people can play the blues but it always ends up as some where over the rainbow.

 My name, don't matter, I am just the bass player.

No comments:

Post a Comment