adbright

Saturday, January 11, 2014

should a man tell a woman the truth

should a man tell a woman the truth

fiction
Edward w Pritchard

I pounded the bass violin on stage in a five piece jazz band after graduation from Julliard. Wanting to be a classical performer and unable to find work I ended touring Europe where at the leaders orders, a woman I pounded the face of the " fiddle" like a drum while she played European style jazz. It was a distant cousin of American boogie woogie and I was embarrassed to have to do it merely for  money.

I certainly am not a good looking man but my boss Orleana, Swedish, blond, blue eyes and arresting has taken to me to upgrade her musical technique and further her career; she is very ambitious. She keeps asking me to give her my honest opinion of her boogie woogie playing. She is currently the rage of piano players here in Europe.

My Father listened to Albert Ammons piano records when I was a boy. I loved to here Pete Johnson back up big Joe turner on boogie woogie piano in " roll em Pete".

I lost my job as a bass violinist and lost a beautiful woman in one admission of truth. I told Orleana that no matter how much the audience liked to see her legs or her swing her blond hair and bat her blue eyes, her playing of boogie woogie  sounded like a broom's straws brushing the piano keys. No power, depth or soul.

Of course I lost the girl. Should a man tell the woman the truth? Never unless it concerns boogie woogie piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment