adbright

Monday, January 6, 2014

ornery author with no beer in house in a cold freeze

ornery author with no beer in the house in a cold freeze

fiction
Edward w Pritchard

repost/ edit

Recycling- repost
author liked this and posted it again, and now again

for my brothers


Here in Louisville, Ohio  we are very environmentally conscious. That's why I am taking my brother Few to be recycled. It's not the money.

Few died last night. Everyone will miss Few.

Green movement or not I will not pay the transport fee. In it's obsession with taxation my township has imposed a transport fee on bringing bodies in for recycling. At the recycling center, right next to the canister for broken glass and old papers is a chemical reducer to return a body to it's original elements. Few would understand why I decided to have him recycled. Life is expensive and Few is dead; my Brother would understand me saving a few bucks on his burial and it's PC and environmentally responsible to recycle him.

I put my brother Few in the backseat of the car and we are just now pulling into the recycle facility. I didn't wrap my brother Few in a plastic trash bag, that would be wrong. Plastic bags take a long time to decompose. All of the containers are green here except the chemical reducer which is a very soft shade of blue. Like moonlight after a storm at sea. I stripped old Few of his clothes and dumped him into the blue chemical reducer. It gave a whirl and there was a whiff of sea water and then old Few was decomposed.

I think I will hire the minister on duty over there in the trailer to perform a brief service. Few was my Brother after all. Few would have liked the idea of the smell of the ocean, he always liked fishing and fishing always called for a couple of beers. I will use some of the recycling money I received from the County to send old Few off properly with a couple of cold beers down at Donley's Lakeside Inn. I'll sit by the window and watch the moon shine across the Lake. Old Few would have liked that.    

No comments:

Post a Comment