adbright

Sunday, March 23, 2014

ATT. in ecstasy

ATT. in Ecstasy

fiction
Edward w Pritchard


This article is about the ATT commercial with the cute Black family all who look like the Dad and all who dress alike and wear glasses. The sales lady from ATT tells the Dad that she has good news, their new phone bill is now only $160 a month. The family is so happy with the news.

I had ATT once back when I first got married and had a new phone in our first apartment. Every night when I came in after work during dinner ATT would call and offer to double my phone bill from ten dollars a month to twenty with some new features. I never said yes.

ATT is the company that as I remember was broken up by the government for monopoly pricing back in the 80's. Now ATT can with a straight face offer a bargain rate for phone service of $160 a month.

It's 1982 all over again, the more things change the more they stay the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment