adbright

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Taedeare caused me anxiety and ennui

Taedeare caused me anxiety and ennui

fiction
Edward w Pritchard

How many tesium credits I spent entertaining Taedeare when I was training as a space cadet I shudder to count.

How many red discipline demerits I accounted as an assistant rocketeer daydreaming about Taedeare
on long flights from the Earth's moon to Mars or beyond would fill seven flight logs.

How many fist and foot encounters I initiated when hustlers hit on Taedeare when Taedeare and I  exchanged my Tesium credits for food and beverage in dive bars is demonstrated in triangular scars on my knuckles and toes.

Twice I fired my plasmatonic thruster at two different competitors for Taedeare's affections.

Taedeare has caused me anxiety and ennui. How can Taedeare haunt me across sixty million miles of Space? Why do I spend my vacation credits over and over to see Taedeare when as soon as I take off again for Space travel she is back to her same fickle ways?

Why when I am billed and bound to go to Mars do I paste Taedeare's picture to flight deck seven and endure co pilot Hansen's jokes about cheatin Women from Mars to Jupiter and back?

Taedeare what are you doing now and are you thinking about me?

No comments:

Post a Comment