adbright

Thursday, March 6, 2014

For my foreign readers/ [if any] part 2

For my foreign readers/ [if any] part 2

fiction
Edward w Pritchard


Dear Mr. Pritchard:

I read your article criticizing America and I must protest. Your criticism does an injustice to most of America, which is the best place in the world to live and work.

However the place I now find myself is so full of cheats and hustlers that I must agree with your overall critique of our country.

I live at the beach in Florida. I won't say the name of the city but it is near Daytona Beach.

I do not mean to condemn the entire State of Florida. It is just the South beach between the Hilton Hotel to the dunes and caves where the public beach ends that is filled to capacity with cheats, hustlers and pirates.

A few days ago I was at the beach with Shirley a friend from the Wal Mart in town. We were walking in the warm ocean looking for sea shells enjoying the waves when our towels, shirts and shoes were stolen.

 Fortunately our wallets and valuables were in our car seven miles away. In the long hot walk back to our car we were sunburned and stepped on about a hundred jelly fish.

I tried to borrow money but these wealthy wall street types retired here from New York wouldn't listen to my explanation. Some went so far as to put their hands over their ears so as not to hear us thinking us homeless beggars.

One or two business types selling things at the beach offered us tee shirts and thong style shoes on credit at 1000% profit to them.

Florida has the most beautiful beaches in the world. However, don't be stuck in Florida with no money temporarily, or no shoes and no shirts. The sun is brutal and the natives are worse.
end

Dear Mr. Pritchard

I read your criticism of America. You forgot to mention people smoking in public. They do it here in West Virginia. Now that's barbaric.
end

Dear Mr. Pritchard"

I read your critique of America. Try living in Chicago. Women here ignore you if you don't have a good job and won't spend lots of money on them in fancy restaurants. Someday I am going to save up enough to move to Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment