adbright

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Keith Urban and Big Joe Turner chase away the blues

Keith Urban and Big Joe Turner chase away the blues

fiction
Edward w Pritchard


There are so many plastic hippies, urban cowboys and gigantic truck driven suburban wrappers that it's given me the blues. I liked it better when we were authentic but hurting, sincere but malfunctioning.

Big Joe Turner I know how it feels to get old now. Sing  "I hear you knocking one" one more time. Big Joe when you can't raise the voice to belt out another verse that rhymes Keith urban can pick up the torch.

Keith Urban sounds like he is hurting too. " I hear you knocking" and "I'll fly away" contain a little too much true emotion for modern days Keith. Take care of your self cowboy, life is a tough road; ask Big Joe Turner.

Who you gonna pass the torch to Keith Urban? Who is gonna sing with authenticity and help us not think about what we don't want to remember and who is gonna distract us after Big Joe Turner, me and you, Keith are gone?

Record "I hear you knocking" when you are in pain again Keith; there are so many plastic hippies, urban cowboys and gigantic truck driven suburban wrappers that it's given me the blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment