adbright

Monday, March 17, 2014

grant it Jesus is my plea

grant it Jesus is my plea

fiction
Edward w Pritchard



Jesus I won't ask to walk safely with you everyday,
I'll  just walk on alone
confused and afraid
but when its my turn to go
lead me once Jesus
I don't know where to go
grant it Jesus hear my plea
lead me out of here
as we walk
let me look back and see once more
a girl in a white dress coming down an aisle
once a long time ago catch eyes with me
and a baby boy in a high chair sitting with his Mother
throwing things making a mess of the whole kitchen
while she tried to clean the house and cook
for me before I dragged in tired from a days work
and a new sick boy in a hospital, to weak to cry
and a baby sit alone and stare across the pond through
the double oak sliding doors
while he stacked pans and dishes
and didn't make a sound
and a girl walk and walk and tell me about horses
grant it Jesus hear my plea
let me remember once
before it's my turn to be taken
wherever it is I should go next.

No comments:

Post a Comment