adbright

Monday, February 11, 2019

end of life issues

end of life issues

fiction
edward w pritchard

I chanced to read this weekend an article on end of life issues which was timely to me as I have my 67th birthday later this week and have been thinking of how I would like to go out.

Let me be walking along the ancient system of Lakes near where I stay enjoying nature when I am instantly extinguished by a streaking meteoric fireball from space. It is composed of a diamond material and is priceless and in a decision reached by three spiritual leaders, the Pope, the Dali Lama
and a soon to be named universally accepted and acclaimed  Muslim Caliphate, let the  priceless amalgamation I have become be given to my few friends, immediate family, and all the handicapped children of the world.

Let me not be taken away to a hospital in a five minute $900. ambulance ride and let me not be found later a plaque in a local cemetery where centuries ago the native Americans used to sit and watch the
meteors at night.

May I be forgiven for my character flaws and let one non judgmental person exclaim me redeemed of my sins.
end

No comments:

Post a Comment