adbright

Monday, June 27, 2011

Come Jack, poor Jack--part 2

Come Jack, poor Jack--part 2

fiction
edward w pritchard

Author-Excuse my clumsiness as an interviewer Jack, if I may call you that until we are formally introduced, but I have no formal training, no Socratic method, no Law, failure as a salesman, that type of thing.

Jack the Ripper-Mr. Pritchard,  please don't self handicap yourself before we start. I thought your story " The talking Head" [ blog Jan 26 2010,] was quite good in it's interview technique. Just be yourself. I am the star here. Let me lead.

Author -Ok Jack, Were you an educated man?

Jack the Ripper -Do you mean did I study anatomy, or do you mean have I studied ethics. Did I read Kant's Categorical Imperative? That is what if everybody acted like I did. If they get mad at someone what if everybody acted like me and they literally cut off someone's nose. 

Author- Of all the bad things history has said about you what upsets you the most?

Jack- I like that question, good good Mr. Pritchard. Well I read that I was voted the worst Brit [ British citizen] in history by the good people of the British Isles. Meanwhile, the sanctimonious modern British harvest the bounty from their ancestors endeavors enslaving the world and killing five million times more people than I ever did. But let me give you some advice as an author - get to the ghastly part, the  readers are nodding off, I can see these things.

Author Why did you slash and rip your victims in such a brutal horrible inhuman fashion?

Jack Why not? Must we always be proper and civilized?

Author Were you a Christian

Jack At one time, maybe

Author Did something happen to you in your childhood that drove you to do what you did.

Jack You mean did I start fires as a teenagers and torture animals as your FBI profilers say about me? Do you have some tea around here.Let's take a break before I answer that one.

end part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment