adbright

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Come jack, poor jack part 11

Come jack, poor jack part 11

fiction
edward w pritchard

Jack the ripper- you don't seem to be afraid of me

Author I understand you are a part of myself. You allow us to think about murder intellectually.

Jack- you haven't wanted to kill?

Author, but conscience controls; and lack of passion maybe

Jack- well I suppose you are better studying me than Adolph Hitler, like you were doing recently. but, I wonder, do you suppose Hitler killed men one on one with a bayonet in World War One? I hear he turned his head when animals were hurt, couldn't bear to watch, but watched the men who tried to blow him up in his bunker as they were slowly hung over and over as they suffered.

Author-I guess you might be right about profiling. Hitler loved his Mother and enjoyed opera. Did you read what I wrote in this blog about Hitler and Wittgenstein? How do you suppose Hitler miraculously survived so many near fatalities in World War 1. God had a hundred chances to erase him.

Jack the ripper- just luck, like me he is the "tail" in probability, the one in a million that everyone knows about. Logically there should be worse monsters in the future than Hitler, who managed killing in large numbers and made killing banal, and me who killed in small numbers and made killing horrific.

end part 11

No comments:

Post a Comment