adbright

Friday, June 24, 2011

owl on the flagpole

owl on the flagpole

fiction
edward w pritchard

My methods remain secret; I didn't need my owl on the flagpole's assistance to get arrested for violations of the Patriot Act. I have been writing against our Countries involvement in three far off wars. I detest bombings by drones and missiles; I agree drones are effective, but to me it removes the human to human contact, even between soldier and enemies, that eventually leads to the abhorrence at killing  that brings about the cessation of such actions.

I had journeyed to the White House to protest with others our President's announcement to cut troop levels in Afghanistan by the end of next year.  The troop levels would still be higher than they were when our President took office. Like others I admired our President and was confused by his militarism once he obtained high office.

I was arrested for protesting. My owl had perched on the top of the White House flagpole and I have been charged with several of the enabling violations of the Patriot Act because of it. My owl, Minerva, was able to lazily fly off before herself being captured; leaving me to face my Countries wrath for un-American activities alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment