adbright

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Come Jack, poor Jack part 7

Come Jack, poor Jack, part 7

fiction
edward w pritchard

Author Shall we start?

Jack the Ripper- I am impressed. You have been busy

Author- What do you mean

Jack-Ten hours of research by you since our last talk. The casebook, Ripperologist, and all those books of ridiculous theories that I never got a cent from. Books, book books. Ne're  a fact in sight. Each author making a theory of who I was and then bending the facts and evidence to suit their purposes. But- I am glad to see you doing your homework. It makes me want to help you. 

Author- why do you think you have generated so much media interest

Jack- Well the 1988 centennial of my activities made a lot of people a lot of money. Then there is the shock value of my crimes, but, also I think I am a  lot less creepy than the American serial killers of the last thirty years. In 1888 some people just called me a sad killer of women. But as for your interest, evidenced here  in my crimes, I think, that I make people think logically who don't ordinarily do so. Like you. You have spent several days weighing the evidence of what I did to the five women, and why, and who I might be.

Author - So you consider yourself a serial killer.

Jack- well, maybe I was a serial killer, but all the theories you have in America and all the forensic study on television, it confuses me. Maybe you can explain my motivation in the movie about me you want to write

author- How do you know about that

Jack the ripper- I know what you know, now ask the right questions so you can understand me

author- why did you stop?

Jack-didn't I answer that, o very well, I needed to get back to work, back to my real life for a while, we can't stay on vacation forever

author- if one decides to stop killing then they  are expressing "free will". Can a serial killer have free will?

Jack the ripper- you don't seem to realize that I was not mentally ill, just very violent and perverse. Of course I could stop, But I had to remove myself from the opportunity to prey on prostitutes. I'll tell you when I returned to my real life there were no prostitutes around there.  


Author- Were you satiated after the gruesomeness of the Mary Jane Kelly incident

Jack- remember it's not necessarily gruesome to me. It was a mess though. I took my times, there was no rush on that one.

Author so were you finished then

Jack- no, I wasn't necessarily finished then,  but why don't you ask me some gory details of the Mary Jane Kelly brutal murder for your readers
end part 7

No comments:

Post a Comment