adbright

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

courting Alison, slowly slowly

courting Alison, slowly slowly

fiction
edward w pritchard

It wasn't like me to be patient with a woman. Alison bid me wait and wait I did.

Alison wanted communication, not just romance, and not just passion. Passion is what I had in mind for I was smitten with Allison. That was before I realized that Allison needed me to talk to her, to explain my intentions, to soothe her forebodings with words.

Allison has a speech impediment but with time I have come to understand her as she talks to me. I need to learn sign language because Allison is also partially deaf. I have been learning sign language in an attempt to communicate with Allison my love.

Meanwhile I wait. Now and then Allison rubs against me or has a strategic wardrobe malfunction to keep me on an edge; but mostly I am courting Allison, slowly, slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment