adbright

Thursday, October 27, 2011

asteroid strikes

asteroid strikes

fiction
edward w pritchard

The village had one thousand times more asteroid strikes per century than normal. The villagers, there at a small hamlet in China, did not move away; but they adapted by developing an unusual philosophy towards life and death. People went about their daily lives but I was here to document how the very real chance of being struck by an asteroid would effect the daily habits of the villagers.

Most of the people in the village had at least one acquaintance or relative who had been killed by a falling asteroid. Several people who got to know me advised me to expect at least the possibility of being hit by a flaming asteroid myself. Based on that warning, its ironic that I never...
end part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment