adbright

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

nothing ruins an onboard ship romance like

nothing ruins an onboard ship romance like

fiction
edward w pritchard

Nothing ruins an on board ship romance like the realization that the moment has arrived for another tawdry affair to end. I have come to dread that bolt from the blue of realization that ruins a perfect evening at sea with a beautiful compliant assessable woman, a star filled sky, a perfect table of fine wines and my favorite Russian gourmet foods.

At a late night dinner off shore Venezuela my favorite cruise line for a change of pace had an owl playing piano to entertain the guests at the Captains table. The realization hit me as the bolt from the blue that my affair at sea with Donna the school teacher from Harrisburg Pa, was ended abruptly. Still I had to endure twenty minutes or so of the owl's talons scraping at the keys and then the owls beak banging at the black notes improvising Swanee River boogie before I could diplomatically end things with Donna and with the Captain's blessing depart early from the first class dining room.

No comments:

Post a Comment