adbright

Saturday, October 22, 2011

the fraud

the fraud

fiction
edward w pritchard

I was listening to the Grateful Dead music on You Tube when I was struck by a thunderbolt. In the ad for the Christan dating service to the right of the dead video was the blond with large brown eyes and that smile. Her head was tilted a little sideways and in the fifty or so photos of beautiful woman the blond was the prettiest. I on impulse late at night clicked that ad right on the chin of that beautiful face.

Two days later I got an email. Tonya was a real woman and in time I found out the one in the photo. She looked better in person when I drove the three hundred miles to Harrisburg, Pa to meet Tonya. Three months later I live in Harrisburg now and I am now married to Tonya. Happy, yes I am very happy.

This Christian stuff is hard though. It was a given with Tonya that I was a Christian.  I am trying, really trying. But with Tonya, being a Christian is every day, day by day. I have been doing this now for three months. Maybe being a Christian will get easier as I get use to it. I do like Tonya's  brown eyes and that smile.
end

No comments:

Post a Comment