adbright

Thursday, October 13, 2011

viral attack/ part 6 the scam

viral attack/ part 6 the scam

fiction
edward w pritchard

I have decided to let Lillian sleep as I sit here fretting over our future. In sleep she is safe; worth the risk of her skipping the tonic for now that may shield her from the hiding virus for a few hours.

I am watching for the first streaks of light that heralds the coming of dawn like in Romeo and Juliet in Shakespeare. The couple were that night in Shakespeare's play the young lovers and it is just after their first night together as lovers. After their bliss Romeo now must leave Juliet, his new bride. The dawn was coming any minute for the couple. They listen for a distant crowing bird. Is it the Rooster that heralds the dawn or the Nightingale. The Nightingale singing means  it is just the beginning of their night together again for the couple and they get to experience their bliss over again once more. In Romeo and Juliet if that night Romeo is caught with Juliet he dies. First one then the other pretends to hear the Nightingale rather than the Rooster crow the approach of the imminent dawn and their re entry into the reality of their world.

I can't hear any roosters crowing from the eight floor of this courthouse in the this large crowded City and  I have never heard a Nightingale sing. I wonder what a Nightingale's song sounds like?

Streaks of dawn are just visible far far to the East.

I think I will wake Lillian now. Soon we go to look for a a Nightingale far out Eastward,  far from here.

end

No comments:

Post a Comment