adbright

Thursday, October 13, 2011

viral attack/ part 5 the scam

viral attack/ part 5  the scam

fiction
edward w pritchard

What a horrible dream. It seemed to go on for ever. I was only asleep for twenty five minutes.

It must be my subconscious trying to reprimand me for being asleep through the time to give Lillian the tonic water. She's still asleep. My dream was so disturbing it seems like the whole City should be awakened from the dreadful fear it caused in me. Yet Lillian is ten feet away from me sleeping calmly on the brown leather couch in this Judge's office. Down below us an entire city silently slumbers unaware of me or my problems.

I was dreaming over and over about carrying the forty bottles of tonic water when Lillian and I leave the City. When I was awake sipping cognac earlier it seemed easy to conceal and carry forty bottles of tonic water about and travel and protect a small sick child. But my dream was dreadful and terrifying. Everyone was sinister and malicious in my dream and I was rightly fearful of society about me.

I kept dreaming over and over about how much forty eight ounce bottles would exactly weigh, including the weight of the hard plastic bottles. Twenty pounds plus the bottles. It was critical in my dream world to know the exact weight of the bottles. The weight of the bottles meant something very special in my dream.

Then I was overwhelmed in my dream of how much space twenty eight ounce bottles would occupy and how I would carry the twenty ounce bottles and how I would conceal the bulky cargo.
In my dream if others found out I had the tonic water that may possibly cure or slow the progression to death of the Green Lady virus I was an easy target for others looking to steal the magic liquid.

My dream was so unsettling. How am I going to travel about with a sick child in a hostile City with police and national Guard troops searching for anyone shielding and abetting victims of the Green lady virus. What if Lillian has a relapse. What if I am not there to care for her. Who will watch over her if the virus targets me.

I have been staring out of the window worrying for fifteen minutes in this high up courthouse Judge's office where Lillian and I are temporarily camping out for the night. Tomorrow we have to leave. How will I protect a small helpless child in a hostile world.
 Three fifty AM.

end

No comments:

Post a Comment