adbright

Thursday, October 13, 2011

escape from our nursing home

escape from our nursing home

fiction
edward w pritchard

I know I am supposed to tell some things about my six cohorts in our escape from the nursing home; to build some empathy for my characters for the reader. But, I won't for now, maybe latter. I want to get right to the part about how Mrs. Clast, Larry Owens, and a few of the others at the New Horizons Senior Citizens Retirement home and myself went to the Chasers Strip Club out at new Diamond Center Road last Thursday night. Thursdays are half price drinks for women and we abused the discount that night.

We planned our escape from the nursing home carefully. Each week for six weeks at our meditation and yoga group we each championed a part of the activities necessary to leave the nursing home for a few hours and later return undetected successfully. We didn't account for the fact that Mrs. Palmer, a ninety year old widow would take the stage at the Chaser's strip bar and the complications that would ensure to the rest of us.
end part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment