adbright

Saturday, October 22, 2011

do over/draft one part one

do over/draft one part one

fiction
edward w pritchard

My Dad wanted a do over on raising us kids so bad. He hoped and prayed for so long. Well he finally got his wish, Here is our little family stuck in 1991 and we are all kids again. I am the oldest and I am twelve, I have two brothers and a sister all younger than me. They are stuck here in Hudson, Ohio in 1991 too, with me reliving their childhoods because my Dad desperately needed a do over, another chance to raise his children again.

It boring. We all sit and watch TV together every evening. Even my Mother. She never sat still in her life. She cooks too. My Dad sits on the couch and asks us about our day at school. Both parents help us with our homework.

Problem is this. Me and my two brothers and my sister can remember everything that happened between 1991 and 2011. We are children stuck back here again in 1991 but we also know everything that happen to us over the next twenty years and part of what happen in the world at large; at least the part we were aware of as adults in 2011. Get it. Dad needed a do over on raising his children. He got it somehow. Now his four children are stuck in their past as children again fully cognizant that they are really adults living in 2011. I am not sure if both of our unique lives are happening at once. Back here in 1991 my Mom and Dad don't know anything about 2011. They are oblivious. Sometimes one of us children tell them. They don't understand.
end

No comments:

Post a Comment