adbright

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

viral attack/ part 3 the scam

viral attack/ part 3  the scam

fiction
edward w pritchard

The girl is not my grand daughter but I was close to her Grand Mother once and I helped raise her Mother for two years at that time. I decided to pay for the girl's treatment at the cancer center; at least as long as my 401K lasts. Hospitals and other treatment centers won't take hospitalization insurance anymore because of the regulations imposed by our State goverment to combat spread of the virus; which is just as well for I let my health insurance lapse last year.

The staff here have earned their money. They have cleaned up Lillian, that's the girl's name, and have had her for two days on a tonic water and vitamin E treatment. The funny thing is it's the same regiment that my friend was on two years ago before he died here at this very cancer center. Still even though my friend told me just before he died the regiment here is a scam; it's worth it to me to see Lillian looking robust and feeling better.

We will be leaving tomorrow and of course Lillian is not cured of the virus but she is getting her strength back. I am worried about where we will go for there is a lot of rioting and her Mother is dead and I haven't had a proper place to stay in over a year. Actually I have been living on the streets for six months, although I still have some savings. No hotel will take Lillian because of the quarantine so it looks like we will return to the streets where hopefully my contacts can shelter us from the national guard who are detaining infected persons.
end

No comments:

Post a Comment